Stretch marks are narrow streaks or lines that occur on the surface of the skin when it is stretched. Both men and women are susceptible to stretch marks, particularly on the thighs, hips, arms, buttocks, abdominal area, and lower back. There are many causes of stretch marks, such as rapid weight gain or weight loss, pregnancy, excessive workout training, hormonal changes etc. These natural remedies will help to smooth and fade stretch marks without the risk of chemicals and surgery.
1. POTATO JUICE
Potatos are rich in minerals and vitamins including Vitamin-C, B-complex, potassium, magnesium, calcium, phosphorus and zinc. It promotes restoration and growth of skin cells.
- Cut a potato into thick sized slices. Rub the slices gently over the stretch marks.
- Leave it for 5-10 minutes and thereafter wash off with lukewarm water.
2. EGG WHITES
Egg white contains 40 different proteins and are also rich in collagen and vitamin A. It can enhance elasticity of the skin and fades stretch marks.
- Collect the whites from two eggs, whip gently and apply as a thick layer onto the marks.
- Once the egg pack has totally dried, rinse it out with water and then moisturise the area by applying some olive oil.
3. LEMON JUICE
The acidic property in lemons works as a natural bleaching agent for the skin. It removes the dead skin and make your stretch marks disappear fast.
- Cut the lemons into two halves and then take half piece of lemon and rub it on the stretch marks. Leave it for 10 minutes and wash off with warm water.
Raw sugar works as a natural exfoliant for the skin, which can help reduce the look of stretch marks.
* Mix tablespoon sugar, some almond oil and a few drops of lemon juice and stir it for 5 minutes. Apply it to the stretch marks and rub it for 10 minutes and there after wash off with water.
5. OLIVE OIL
Olive oil contains many nutrients and antioxidants that help clear up numerous skin problems, including stretch marks.
- Massage slightly warm extra virgin olive oil onto the affected area to improve blood circulation and reduce the look of stretch marks.
- Leave it on for about 30 minutes to allow the skin to absorb the vitamin A, D and E present in the olive oil.
6. ALOE VERA GEL
Stretch marks are an indication that the skin has lost its natural elasticity. Aloe vera, with its ability to heal the small tears in the skin layers is therefore the perfect solution to help regain the lost elasticity.
* Remove the outer layer of the aloe vera leaf and bring out the sticky gel from the inside of the leaf. Then use the gel on stretch marks and wash off with water after two hours.